In continuation to my previous post, here are the Top 10 plugins you may need [depending on the requirements] to customize wordpress into a full fledged CMS website.
- Search Everything – By default, WordPress search is limited to only posts, with this plugin, pages as well as posts both will be searchable.
- Google Sitemap Generator – creates XML sitemap for search engines
- All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your site for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization)
- WP Super Cache – A very fast caching engine that produces static html files and loads them quickly.
- WP-DB-Backup – Easily backup your core WordPress database tables. You can also schedule automated backups.
Add – on Features
- Cforms II – can be used to create custom forms for contact, quotation, feedback etc.
- WordPress Navigation List Plugin NAVT – Create, organize and manage custom menus and navigation lists by logically grouping your pages, categories, users via a drag’n drop interface.
- Newsletter Plugin – Send periodic newsletters to keep the visitors updated with all the latest happenings.
- NextGen Gallery – A picture gallery plugin which can be used as a photo gallery or can be easily customized into a product catelogue or a portfolio.
- FAQ-Tastic – To add FAQ section on your website.
Did I miss any?